The 15th edition of the Indian Premier League has increased fans’ excitement to watch all the tournaments online as well as at the situated location. The tournament has also launched some of the titles for which players can give their best performance in the game. Apart from the IPL trophy, the players should also get a chance to win a purple cap or an orange cap in the tournament.
The Purple Cap winner will be the one who picks the highest wickets in the IPL 2022. So let’s see who will win the Purple Cap this year out of the five players:
- Jasprit Bumrah [Mumbai Indians] Jasprit Bumrah will stand by the super talented and five-time winning Mumbai Indians team in the IPL 2022. He was such a great bowler but never won the Purple Cap. The Mumbai Indians bowler has taken 21 wickets in 14 matches. He and his captain, Rohit Sharma, believe that this year, Jasprit will get the Purple Cap at the end of the tournament.
- Harshal Patel [Royal Challengers Bangalore] the last season’s Purple Cap winner, Harshal Patel is hoping to win this year as well because the RCB team appears to be very strong after two IPL champions, namely, Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings. As the RCB’s new captain, Faf du Plessis will lead the entire team, and this time Harshal will play under Faf, who will give instructions to the bowler. But Harshal is already an experienced contender as he has crossed 32 wickets in just 15 matches, so this year to maintain such records is mandatory for Harshal.
- Kagiso Rabada [Punjab Kings] the 2020 season winner of Purple Cap Kagiso is also in action to create new records in the game for the Punjab Kings team. He was the one who performed for the Delhi Capitals as well and created 70 wickets in the last three years. This year, Punjab Kings have appointed Kagiso to his team at a cost of Rs 9.25 crore in the mega auction of IPL 2022. The Punjab Franchise is aiming for Kagiso to win the Purple Cap for their team.
- Avesh Khan [Lucknow Super Giants] Avesh Khan is ready to perform for the newly added team, Lucknow Super Giants, in the IPL 2022. In the last season, the pacer who was performing for the Delhi Capitals grabbed public attention in the last over as he was the great finisher of that season, picking up 24 wickets. The youngest player is now in the new squad, the Lucknow Super Giants, who are expecting to win the Purple Cap.
- Lockie Ferguson [Gujarat Titans] The 30-year-old bowler, who has spent the last two years with the Kolkata Knight Riders, has joined the Gujarat Titans. Gujarat Titans bought the bowler for INR 10 crore because of his quality to dominate other batters’ focus, which will help the player to pick maximum wickets in the game.
As a result, the Purple Cap winner will be revealed at the end of the IPL 2022. It is very tough to decide on one winner for the Purple Cap because each bowler is capable of winning the Purple Cap in the game. The rest of the things depend on the situation of the game and the players’ performances in the IPL matches.